A phoenix is a powerful, giant, mystical, supernatural bird creature. It has been an enduring mythological symbol for millennia and across vastly different cultures. Despite such varieties of societies and times, the Phoenix was consistently characterized as a bird being with brightly colored plumage. After a long life, it dies in a fire of its own making only to rise again from the ashes. From religious and naturalistic symbolism in ancient Egypt to a secular symbol for armies, communities, and even societies, as well as an often-used literary symbol, this mythical human's representation of death and rebirth seems to resonate with humankind's aspirations.
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads. Their tears have healing powers."
Phoenixes are amongst the strongest and most durable of supernatural creatures. They are quite powerful and almost impossible to kill.
- Spontaneous Combustion/Incineration Touch - In human form, a Phoenix can incinerate anyone/anything with a single touch. Their ability is so strong, they can reduce a whole man to ashes in seconds. This ability is similar to an angel's smiting.
- Immortality - A Phoenix is immortal, meaning that it does not age at all. They are immune to death by natural causes and aging. There is no known way to kill a Phoenix, although the fact it was known that they can bust upon death (huh?), implies there are other ways to kill them.
- Invulnerability - Phoenixes are nearly completely invulnerable, they can take repeated shots in the chest and not even react. Although significant force, such as being hanged (what?) can knock them out for a while.
- Superhuman Strength - Phoenixes are incredibly strong; capable of effortlessly lifting a great weight with their tails, such as being able to fly up a long distance with a handful of people holding on to its tail. Even in human form, they are strong enough to break out of coffins, even after it has been nailed down and buried.
- Rapid Regeneration - The most startling of the Phoenix's abilities is its ability to regenerate itself. They can heal/regenerate from any and all non fatal injuries.
- Teleportation - Phoenixes can disappear and reappear at will in bursts of flames and take whoever is holding them along.
- Shapeshifting - The Phoenix can take human form to conceal its true form, which is that of a giant bird.
- Iron - A Phoenix can't touch Iron, as, like many creatures, it burns their flesh. So it would make sense that you could kill them with a iron weapon.