A Phoenix is a powerful, giant, mystical, supernatural, bird. It has been a lasting mythological icon for millennia, and has existed in many cultures. Despite the varieties of societies and times it appeared in, the Phoenix was consistently described as a bird with brightly colored plumage, which after a long life, dies in a fire of its own making only to rise again from its own ashes. From religious and naturalistic symbolism in ancient Egypt, to a secular symbol for armies, communities, and even societies, as well as an often-used literary symbol, the representation of death and rebirth by this mythical creature seems to resonate with the aspirations of humanity.
Powers & Abilities[edit | edit source]
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads. Their tears have healing powers."
Phoenixes are amongst the strongest and most durable of supernatural creatures. They are quite powerful and almost impossible to kill.
- Spontaneous Combustion/Incineration Touch - In human form, a Phoenix can incinerate anyone/anything with a single touch. Their ability is so strong, they can reduce a whole man to ashes in seconds. This ability is similar to an angel's smiting.
- Super speed - A Phoenix is the fastest creature to exist. A Phoenix can move way above the speed of light.
- Pyromancy - Has contol over all fire.
- Hellfire/Holy-fire - Can summon and use hellfire/holy-fire as a weapon and a defense
- Immortality - Phoenixes are immortal, they will not permanently die from aging or natural causes. That said, most do still age (at least when in their true form) and it's this aging that often leads to their fiery, albeit temporary, death, and inevitable rebirth.
- Invulnerability - Phoenixes are nigh-invulnerable. They can take repeated shots in the chest and not even react, and can even be reborn after absorbing a killing curse. However, significant force, such as being hanged can knock them out for a while.
- Superhuman Strength - Phoenixes are incredibly strong; capable of effortlessly lifting a great weight with their tails, such as being able to fly up a long distance with a handful of people holding on to its tail. Even in human form, they are strong enough to break out of coffins, even after it has been nailed down and buried.
- Rapid Regeneration - The most startling of the Phoenix's abilities is its ability to regenerate itself. They can heal/regenerate from any and all non fatal injuries.
- Teleportation - Phoenixes can disappear and reappear at will in bursts of flames and take whoever is holding them along.
- Shapeshifting - Phoenixes can take a human form to conceal their true form, which is that of a giant bird.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- iron - Phoenix's are Immortal and Powerful they're still vulnerable to iron like many other supernatural creatures. When a Phoenix is touch with iron, they burn. It is possible to create a weapon from iron to kill the Phoenix. Dowsing a Phoenix will kill it, but it will be reborn unless you destroy the ashes.
PUBLISHED: Oct. 13, 2017 AUTHOR: James Willo PUBLISHER: Sarah Willo