- "Magic can do anything, Samuel, can contain anything... even the vast multitudes of Hell."
Magic (or Magick) is the power to affect and influencing of events, objects, people and physical phenomena by mystical, and paranormal means. The terms can also refer to the practices employed by a person to wield this influence, and to beliefs that explain various events and phenomena in such terms.
Magic is the power to affect change by supernatural means. Magic can often be split into black and white, though depending on the situation, may also be neutral. All creatures (both human and non-human) are connected to this power and are able to access it through practice and training. However, whilst anyone can theoretically cast spells and perform other feats of magic with access to the proper texts and materials, witches generally have more knowledge and understanding of the mystical energies and supernatural forces that charged the entire universe. Supernatural beings are usually imbued with magical energy inside their bodies giving them their powers.
Magic is the practice of harnessing various forms of energy to manipulate one or more aspects of the infinite realities that are present within the Multiverse. It encompasses many different activities, including astral projection, divination, spell casting and spirit communication, and includes the practices of many cultures and religions, as well as many books and writings from ancient times. Depending upon the individual, some sorcerers study and practice their power by certain belief systems, such as Shamanism, Voodoo, Wicca, or any number of other practices from cultures around the world.
- 1 Description
- 2 Magic Sources
- 3 Magic Schools
- 4 Magic and Religion
- 5 Morality of Magic
- 6 Types of Magic
- 7 Science of Magic
- 8 Magic comes also from Nature and Electricity
- 9 Effectiveness of Magic & Electricity
- 10 History
- 11 Notes
- 12 Related sites
Magic is the power to affect change by supernatural means. Magic is often divided between black and white, though depending on the situation can also be neutral. Magic is a practiced technique that connects a person to the elements and forces of nature in order to practice Witchcraft.
Magic is the practice of Witchcraft that encompasses many different activities including divination, spell casting, and spirit communication. It includes the practices of many cultures, nations and religions as well as many books and writings from ancient times. Depending upon the individual, a person may practice their power by certain belief systems such as Shamanism, Voodoo, Wicca, or any number of other magical practices from countries and cultures all around the world. While many sorcerers would agree that using ancient ceremonies, rituals and shamanic practices is the best way to attune themselves with the natural rhythms of the Universe in order to obtain guidance and knowledge from a Higher Power(s); it has been implied that not all sorcerers follow these beliefs, and have the free will to practice their power however they choose.
- "You think you know how the world works? You think that this material universe is all there is? What is real? What mysteries lie beyond the reach of your senses? At the root of existence, mind and matter meet. Thoughts shape reality."
- ―Ancient One to Stephen Strange
Magic is divided into three different categories: Personal energies, Universal energies and Dimensional energies. Supposedly, all magic is built on the concept that all realities can be reshaped by tapping into the existing power that is found in either themselves, the Universe, or other dimensions.
Personal energies are those derived from the life force of the sorcerer. Personal energies can only be used to power abilities developed through mental studies and are thus limited to mental abilities such as astral projection, hypnotism, telekinesis, and telepathy. However, because it is known that the continual use of such energies will fatally deplete the individual by consuming their life force, sorcerers must also learn to harness external forces through meditation techniques and trained willpower.
One of the easier sources that a sorcerer can draw power from are the Universal energies of their home dimension. Universal energies can be used for conjuration, transmutation and teleportation purposes and are commonly used in battle to create shields and weapons of energy. Universal spells usually require specific gestures and/or words in order to be activated. Some Universal energies can also be used by astral bodies who contain a dimensional anchor in the form of an artifact or an individual.
Powerfull sorcerers, were capable of solely relying on mental concentration in order to practice their mystical abilities.
Due to the fact that all creatures have an inherent connection to the Multiverse, this subsequently means that all creatures, especially those with the mental capabilities to learn of its mechanisms, have the potential to wield these powers through study and practice. Nevertheless, all sorcerers, natural-born or not, are required to study the sciences of the forces that are channeled, not only as a means to better understand them but also as a means to better control them.
Magic and Religion
Magic is commonly divided into white magic (healing, divination and other magic used for benign purposes) and black magic (malicious or harmful magic).
From the point of view of adherents of Christianity, the terms "magic" and "wizardry" connote practices involving collusion with devils, demon-gods, or Satan himself. In this sense, the term 'magic' is typically outdated, although in the direct quotation of religious scripture it may have some limited usage in modern times.
Originally referring to the older Zoroastrian Magi (i.e. sages, priests), the term "magic" became a negative term, and among the followers of the Judaic religion was recorded into Western history with its denigrating meaning. In times of antiquity, practitioners of other religions were accused of practicing magic (though the adherents of Christianity and Islam were never accused of this on any large scale).
In the Middle Ages, what we now call science began to develop, partially through alchemy. Alchemy attempted to codify specific methodology for the mechanical achievement of tasks which most considered to be important, such as the healing of illnesses and the making of wealth (gold etc). Whereas religion advocated a faith-based deference to matters of spirit, alchemy played a significant role in developing human curiosity about the natural world into a systemic structure of beliefs and practices. It is from alchemy that our modern concept of wizardry and magic come from; as a kind of melding of spirituality and methodical and professional investigation into the mysterious or "arcane."
Note - According to Andrew Fleming, psychic power is inherent within all life-forms, especially humans, and a "Natural witch" is simply someone who is born with this power already active and available for them to practice. However, for all others, this power is repressed within the human psyche and only with the aid of another witch or through the extensive practice of meditative yoga can someone finally unleash their full potential. Fleming explained how meditative yoga is a spiritual practice that focuses on the union between the body, mind, and spirit. Fleming claims that yoga is an effective practice known to establish a connection between the body and mind through proper balance and breathing techniques, fasting and meditation. Fleming alluded to the possibility that the Jesus Christ of Nazareth may have been a witch as he often practiced yoga and commonly advised his followers to fast and meditate. The suggestion that the Messiah may have been a practitioner of witchcraft was further hinted in the film after Nancy Downs was shown walking on water similarly to the Nazarene himself.
Morality of Magic
- "True magick, is neither black nor white. It's both because nature is both. Loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad lies within the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance all on its own.."
- ―Lirio about Magick
Black Magic (or Dark Magic or Dark Arts) is a form of magic or sorcery that draws on malevolent powers, and may be used for dark purposes or malevolent acts that deliberately cause harm in some way (e.g. to kill or injure, to cause misfortune or destruction, or for personal gain without regard to harmful consequences to others). In popular usage, the term "black magic" is sometimes used to describe any form of ritual that some group or person does not approve of.
Black magic is usually associated with Satanism and the "Left-Hand Path" belief systems, which value the advancement and preservation of the self and the pursuit of temporal and terrestrial goals. Outside of popular literature, it usually refers to magic utilized for gaining power and wealth or taking revenge, rather than for evil for its own sake.
White Magic (or Light Magic or Light Side Magic) is a form of magic or sorcery that draws on benevolent powers, and may be used for good purposes or benevolent acts that deliberately fulfill good in some way (e.g. to protect someone or something or to annihilate any evil entity). In popular usage, the term "white magic" is sometimes used to describe any form of ritual that some group or person does approve of.
White magic is usually associated with "Mysticism" and the "Right-Hand Path" belief systems, which elevates spirituality, the strict observance of moral codes and the worship of deities. Outside of popular literature, it usually refers to magic utilized for protecting the greater good and/or God's laws, rather than selfish purposes.
Gray Magic & Gravity Magic
Gray Magic is a little-used term for magic not performed entirely for beneficial, ethical or spiritual purposes, yet not actually malevolent either, falling somewhere in the continuum between white magic and black magic. Its practitioners (or "gray witches") see magic as neither good nor bad in itself, but a neutral process employed towards positive or negative ends.Traditional Magic is most commonly known as Gray Magic, since it doesn't derive power from Heaven or Hell, but from Earth and its natural aspects, and it is only used to protect the Natural Order, not to serve Angels or Demons.
Types of Magic
Divine magic is a very powerful form of magic that is strictly practiced by deities. Human and other kinds of tributes and sacrifices seem to increase its potency. It seems the act of tributes is the factor, rather than worship of a deity or deities. Pagan deities have taken tributes from humans, that do not worship them; as well actions done by humans have attracted deities that are not a follower of the respected deity's religion and taken them as tributes. Pagan magic depends entirely on the deity's attribute—it could be elemental, such as the case of Vesta controlling flames, protective and supportive, as in the case of the Vanir, or they could have a number of abilities, as in the case of Kali being able to cast binding spells and using fire as a means of attack. The potency of divine magic can also vary--some of the more powerful or elder deities can perform magic that affects even Archangels. Fortuna, one of the oldest deities, was able to counteract a curse made by God himself.
God belong to this category as they are Cosmic Forces. While God is technically a deity in his religion, the caliber of power God has is vastly superior and different to that of the other pantheons. His magic is completely independent of tribute whereas many of the pagans were greatly stronger in the past than present time due to greater amounts of tribute. God's power was capable of creating the multiverse and even alternate dimensions.
Angelic or Enochian Magic
Angel magic is an extremely powerful form of magic that is strictly practiced by angels. Because there are many variations of angels, there are also many variations of angel magic that is specific to the angel. For example, while celestial angels are known to possess highly advanced and very powerful angel magic with the ability to banish demons, resurrect the dead, and travel through alternative dimensions, other angels are unable to achieve these feats of magic. However, angels can be limited on what they can do. This can be because of Heaven's Laws by whom is in command at the time, the factor of strength each angel's grace is, as well as other magic at play like Enochian Magic. Some other supernatural beings such as Eve and Leviathan can cut Angel's off from their power or prevent them from using their abilities.
Demon magic is a very powerful form of magic that is strictly practiced by demons. Due to the fact there are many variations of demons, there are also many variations of demon magic that is specific onto the demon. For example, while most demons are known to possess the basic powers of super-strength and telekinesis, other demons have been shown other advanced powers such as mind control and teleportation.
(Note: Although demon magic is inferior to angel magic, it is superior to human magic. Contrary to popular belief demon magic is very lawless and can be used however a demon sees fit. However, some demons, such as crossroad demons, can create their own rules that they may dismiss at anytime. For example, most crossroad demons provide contracts to humans in exchange for their souls, promising them 10 years or more for whatever they wish. While most demons are loyal to their promises, some demons have been known to swindle people by killing them sooner than their deal.)
Fairy magic is a powerful form of magic that is exclusive to fairies. Because there are many variations of fairies, there are also many variations of fairy magic that is specific to the fairy. While bright fairies practice bright magic, dark fairies practice dark magic. Fairies also exhibit other powers such as shape-shifting, telekinesis and teleportation. Some fairies share similarities with genies, where they are forced to grant wishes to the person who has summoned them. Other fairies share similarities with demons, where they will make deals with humans in exchange for their souls or something of value to them. A leprechaun once claimed that they have magic that can circumvent even the powers of heaven and hell.
Human Magic is used to describe magic that is able to be used by humans. Most of the time, this term is used to describe Witchcraft, and its practitioners are often known as Witches. Human magic can have different focus. Witchcraft, the most common, is a practice of magic that encompasses many different types of activities including astrology, divination, spell casting, and spirit communication. It includes the practices of many cultures, nations and religions as well as many books and writings from ancient times. Human Magic can be classified into convoluted practices, such as:
- Witchcraft - Witchcraft is the alleged use of supernatural or magical powers. Witches are individuals who have an affinity for supernatural forces, and unlike regular Wiccans, they can tap into mystical mystical energies and the bend the laws of physics by casting spells, but Wicca is not the only religion in which it's practitioners can tap into mystical power, for religions such as Shamanism, Druidism and Voodoo recognize magic as accessible and use it ways different that of other witches.
- Shamanism - Shamanic magic is focuses elemental magic and but has a dark side to it, Shamans who practice magic identified the selves as brujo (males) and bruja (females) unlike other magic related religions brujos and brujas practice the dark art of binding ancient Aztec demons to their souls. These demons grant the brujo or bruja endurance against spells and negative mystical energy and perhaps other advantages yet to be seen.
- Mysticism - Mysticism is either a religious desire of the human soul towards an intimate union with the Divinity, or a system growing out of such a tendency and desire. As a philosophical system, Mysticism considers as the end of philosophy the direct union of the human soul with the Divinity through contemplation and love, and attempts to determine the processes and the means of realizing this end. This contemplation, according to Mysticism, is not based on a merely analogical knowledge of the Infinite, but as a direct and immediate intuition of the Infinite. According to its tendency, it may be either speculative or practical, as it limits itself to mere knowledge or traces duties for action and life; contemplative or affective, according as it emphasizes the part of intelligence or the part of the will; orthodox or heterodox, according as it agrees with or opposes the Catholic teaching. We shall give a brief historical sketch of Mysticism and its influence on philosophy, and present a criticismof it.
- Druidism - Their magic focus mostly on healing and being in tune with nature and animals. Modern druidism is almost obsolete due to their practicicng human sacrificing
- Voodoo - Voodoo Witches draw their power from African tribal gods called Loa, who form a pantheon of spirits that aid the Voodoos with certain spells. For example, Papa Legba, gatekeeper between Earth and the Afterlife, is called upon to open portals, while Baron Samedi, the Loa of healing and souls, is called upon for Resurrection Spells.
- Expression - Expression magic is a form of sorcery that was created by an entity called The Darkness. Expression is a form of extremely dark and powerful sorcery that draws on energy that is so malicious it would supposedly demolish the world if it were ever called into existence.
Science of Magic
Scientist show us that magic is really just another form of science that we just don't understand yet. Alchemy the science of understanding the structure of matter, breaking it down then reconstructing it as something else. Chemistry the study of matter, its properties, how and why substances combine & separate to form other substances, and how substances interact with energy.
Magic comes also from Nature and Electricity
Nature is the totality of phenomena of the physical world and is thought to be the invisible force behind all life that governs the universe. It functions as the source of a witch's power who through the use of witchcraft, use spells to manipulate nature.
Earth is considered to be the physical manifestation of Nature by the witches which constantly provides them with the resources, such as herbs and tools, to neutralize or resolve all types of threats.
As the governing force of life, Nature has a number of "laws" set in place, although some are not always absolute. Most of said laws deal with balance in which phenomenon can always be countered be it directly or indirectly.
- Cycle of the Life - Every creature in the world and universe is born, lives and dies uninterruptedly. If the cycle is interrupted in or by any individual, the consequences are chaotic and they can take a long time to restore.
- Respect of the Dead - When you want to revive a human, it must be some time after its death (usually immediately after), because nature takes its course and the material begins to decompose. If a human is revived, Nature will demand another life so there can be a balance here and the after life.
- Security of Species - When a new species is created, it must be in order to maintain balance without compromising other creatures on the planet.
- Use of Magic - All witches must have adequate training and maturity when using the power of nature in their spells. Because witches can use the power of evil places, nature punishes the witches who try to use that power constantly.
- Creation and Destruction - Nature's laws forbid its servants to create or destroy anything completely. They are not allowed to create anything out of nothing and are not allowed to completely destroy anything with life-force or significance in the natural world. But those with the power of Conjuring can conjure only inanimate objects and never something thats living.
- Loopholes - are understandable ways for Nature to balance out the existence or the excess of the Universal Lifeforms,and there is almost always a loophole for Nature to use in all magical creations. This is especially true with regards to immortality,as Nature has always decreed that all living things must die. They can also be natural occurrences created by Nature to serve as balance to theexistence of something that goes against its laws.Loopholes only occur when something should not happen in nature, such as immortality. Witch laws state that everything should die.Loopholes to spells do not always happen immediately after the spell is cast. Magic also comes from electrcity.
Effectiveness of Magic & Electricity
While magic is the ability to channel mystical and electrical energy, there is a variation on how fast it is and how much access a person has to the mystical energy depending on a deeper natural connection or time spent practicing. While some witches can cast multiple spells within their minds and with little to no effort at all, other witches might have to chant a spell more and even need the help of a coven to cast just one spell. The Tesla Coil is an electrical resonant transformer circuit designed by electrical engineer Nikola Tesla. It is used to produce high-voltage, low-current & high frequency alternating-current electricity, magic shows and to make music.
Belief in various magical practices has waxed and waned in European and Western history, under pressure from either organised monotheistic religions or from scepticism about the reality of magic, and the ascendancy of scientism.
In the world of classical antiquity, much as in the present time, magic was thought to be somewhat exotic. Egypt, home of hermeticism, and Mesopotamia and Persia, original home of the Magi, were lands where expertise in magic was thought to be prevalent. In Egypt, a large number of magical papyri, in Greek, Coptic, and Demotic, have been recovered. These sources contain early instances of much of the magical lore that later became part of Western cultural expectations about the practice of magic, especially ceremonial magic. They contain early instances of:
- the use of "magic words" said to have the power to command spirits;
- the use of wands and other ritual tools;
- the use of a magic circle to defend the magician against the spirits he is invoking or evoking; and
- the use of mysterious symbols or sigils thought useful to invoke or evoke spirits.
The use of spirit mediums is also documented in these texts; many of the spells call for a child to be brought to the magic circle to act as a conduit for messages from the spirits. The time of the Emperor Julian of Rome, marked by a reaction against the influence of Christianity, saw a revival of magical practices associated with neo-Platonism under the guise of theurgy. are cool magic is knoking people dead and healing people so we are not killing people so dont mess with us and u wont die. we try and warn people if you've been atchaed go to www'com magic messes. asap call 654-432-710 i reapeat 654-432-710!
According to a witch named Lirio, magic itself is neither black nor white. However, the intention behind its use is often what determines Dark Magic from Light Magic. While magic that is deliberately used for the purpose to harm is considered "Dark", magic that is deliberately used for the purpose to help is considered "Light". Nevertheless, all magic is monitored by the Divine, who will provide consequences for those who intentionally abuse and misuse this power.
- Magic from The Sorcerer's Apprentice Wikia
- Magic from Jackie Chan Adventures Wikia
- Magic, Magiranger Spells & Mystic Force Spells from Power Rangers Wikia
- Magic from Thundarr the Barbarian Wikia
- Magic from Marvel Cinematic Universe Wikia
- Magic from DC Comics Extended Universe Wikia
- Magic & Magic Items from Fairy Tail Wikia & Fairy Tail Couples Wikia
- Magic, Requip Magic & Magic Items from Fairy Tail Fanon Wikia
- Magic from Tails of Fairy Tail Wikia
- Magic from Power Listing Wikia
- Magical Items from DC Wikia
- Magical Items from Marvel Wikia
- Magic from Disney Wikia
- Magic from American Dragon Jake Long Wikia
- Magic from Zero no Tsukaima Wikia
- Magic from Wikipedia.com
- Magic from Harry Potter Wikia
- Gold Dust from Thomas & Friends Wikia
- Gold Dust from Thomas and Friends Wiki
- Magic Bubble from Shining Time Station Wikia
- Magic from RuneScape Wikia
- Magic from Narnia Wikia
- Magic from DC Universe Online Wikia
- Magic from Marvel Heroes Wikia
- Magic from Witcher Wikia
- Magic from Charmed Wikia
- Magic Railroad from My Island of Sodor Wikia
- Magic from Arrowverse Wikia
- Chi from Lego Legends of Chima Wikia
- Chi from One CHI To Rule Wikia
- Chi from Lego Legends of Chima Wikia 2
- Chi from Chima Online Wikia
- Chi from Lego Wikia
- Amulet of Avalor from Disney Princess Sofia the First Wikia
- Magic from WikiPagan
- Magic from Wikipedia
- Magic from Pathfinder Kingmaker Wikia
- Magic from DC Database Wikia
- Magic from Marvel Wikia
- Magic & Magical items from DC Extended Universe Wikia
- Magical Powers & Forms of Magic from Powerlisting Wikia
- Magic from Gargoyles Wikia
- Magic Users from Turtlepedia
- Magic from PathfinderWiki
- Magic from Forgotten Realms Wikia
- Magic from Inheritance Wikia
- Magic from Ultimate Pop Culture Wikia
- Magic from Toaru Majutsu no Index Wikia