Humans are mortal beings characterized by their lack of magical or supernatural powers.
As the human race repletes the majority of the Earth’s population, they are commonly noted for their desire to influence and understand the environment by seeking to explain and manipulate phenomena through mythology, philosophy, religion, and science. They are also susceptible to any supernatural creature. There are different humans.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The primary abilities of every human being include adaptability and versatility. For the most part, humans are outmatched by supernatural beings and are most often defeated whenever confronted by a superior creature. However, some humans have been known to utilize tools and weapons and have managed to succeed in a supernatural combat. Therefore, as a means of survival, most humans must rely on intelligence, research and teamwork in order to prevail.
Since they are completely ordinary, they have the potential to become another creature, such as:
- A Vampire is an undead being with the supernatural strength and near-mindlessly impure instinct associated with monsters while at the same time retaining human intelligence and even capable of romantic emotions.
- A Slayer is a magically enhanced female imbued with strength, speed, wit and agility whose sole purpose is to rid the world of Demons and Vampires.
- The Brotherhood of the Five is a group of 5 Male hunters whose enhanced physical abilities are sourced from the magic of the Slayer.
- A Zombie, like a vampire, is a dead human reanimated, through magical means rather than blood exchange reproduction, becoming a mindless foot soldier that tends to retain its decomposed and deathly appearance.
- A Werewolf is a human who suffers from an infection-like curse which transforms said human into a wolf-like beast during the nights of the full moon
- A Shadowhunter is a type of Nephilim created by drinking out of the Mortal Cup, and is armed with angelic runes and weapons to protect the world from Demons.
- A Witch has the ability to perform magical spells, either through studying magic, selling their soul to a demon or as a factor of heredity.
- A Ghost is the spiritual manifestation of a deceased human that stays on Earth when the spirit refuses to pass on due to unfinished business.
- Mortality: Humans have weaknesses, (e.g. age, decapitation, disease, heart-failure, suffocation, etc).
- Blood Loss: If a human is severely wounded and bleeds out they can die.
- Broken Neck: Breaking a human's neck will result in instant death.
- Decapitation: Decapitation will result in instant death for a human.
- Fire: Fire can kill a human. It can also hurt them.
- Heart Extraction: Ripping a human's heart out will result in instant death.
- Magic: Humans are susceptible to the powers of witchcraft, which includes both spells and certain magically empowered objects.